The Administrative Office of the Bristol Redevelopment and Housing Authority is closed to the public, but employees continue to work. As emails and voice mails are received, we will do our best to answer them as soon as possible. For any questions or assistance, please call us at (276) 642-2001 or email email@example.com. Our drop boxes and emails are available for the return of paperwork. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all try to remain safe and healthy.
We continue to be vigilant and monitor the COVID-19 situation and current vaccine administration. The safety of our staff, clients, and the community is our utmost concern. We are dedicated to doing all we can to protect our staff and the community we serve and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Effectively February 15, 2021, Regions Bank will no longer accept rental payments. Please utilize the mail or our drop boxes, and send checks or money orders as we do not accept cash.
Our emergency phone line for reporting emergency work orders remains active by calling (276) 642-2006. For general inquiries, please call (276) 642-2001 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BRHA operates 336 public housing units. Brief descriptions of each site and links to more details can be found below.
- BRHA’s Public Housing Program is controlled by Title 24 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), in particular Chapter IX of 24 CFR, and is operated locally in conformance with BRHA’s HUD-approved Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP), which is available for viewing here.
How To Apply For Public Housing
- Due to COVID-19 and the necessity for social distancing efforts, BRHA Public Housing applications are being accepted by appointment only. Please call (276) 642-2001 to schedule an appointment.
- We are happy to respond to email requests for applications.
- Applications are for the Bristol Redevelopment and Housing Authority, which means that you will be relocating to Bristol, Virginia.
- Once your pre-application has been submitted and reviewed, you will receive a phone call and a letter stating your appointment date and time to begin processing your full application.
- You MUST return to Bristol, Virginia to finish the process or you will be removed from the pre-application wait list.
In order to complete your Pre-Application, you must have the following information available for all household members:
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Income (source, amount)
- Assets (source, amount)
- Expenses (only applicable for elderly and/or disabled households)
The following items are needed on the day of your interview.
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Birth
- Verification of income and assests
- Rent Receipt
- Utility Printout