- BRHA operates 336 public housing units. Brief descriptions of each site and links to more details can be found below.
- BRHA’s Public Housing Program is controlled by Title 24 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), in particular Chapter IX of 24 CFR, and is operated locally in conformance with BRHA’s HUD-approved Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP), which is available for viewing here.
How To Apply For Public Housing
- BRHA Public Housing Applications Accepted On-Site Only
- We DO NOT respond to email requests for applications
- This pre-application is for the Bristol Redevelopment and Housing Authority, which means that you will be relocating to Bristol, Virginia.
- Once your pre-application has been submitted and reviewed, you will receive a phone call and a letter stating your appointment date and time to begin processing your full application.
- You MUST return to Bristol, Virginia to finish the process or you will be removed from the pre-application wait list.
In order to complete your Pre-Application at our office, you must have the following information available for all household members:
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Income (source, amount)
- Assets (source, amount)
- Expenses (only applicable for elderly and/or disabled households)
The following items are needed on the day of your interview.
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Birth
- Verification of income and assests
- Rent Receipt
- Utility Printout