Here are some local and National help-lines, local feeding program locations, and other emergency-related phone and online contacts. These are especially helpful during the current COVID-19 Crisis. This information will be updated as we receive changes (compliments of Bristol’s Promise).
- The Disaster Distress Helpline – The Disaster Distress Helpline is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. The number is 800-985-5990.
- National Crisis Hotline – The National Crisis Hotline deals with all types of emergencies and people in crisis. Answered by trained people and totally confidential. 24/7 and 365. The number is 800-273-8255.
Local Information and Resources (Updated 12/03/2020):
Charging station and wifi at First Baptist Church near food pantry open 24/7
City of Bristol VA Information: Community preparedness page
City of Bristol VA Transit Changes – valid until Governor’s social distancing regulations change.
United Way of Bristol TN/VA: Limited assistance may be available
BTES: Payment options may be available. Please contact BTES.
BVU Authority: Payment options may be available. Please contact BVU.
AEP: Temporarily suspending service disconnections
Believe In Bristol: Downtown business loan funds available
Haven of Rest Thrift Store open for vouchers only M-W from 1p-3p
Bristol Faith in Action by appointment only
Hot showers are available Tues and Thurs from 1p – 4p at Anchor Baptist Church (single showers)
Haven of Rest Meals: Regular schedule. Please call before traveling: (423) 968-2011
Sharing Christ Ministries: Take-away meal available starting at 4pm
Salvation Army: Regular schedule. Please call before traveling: (423) 764-6156
Feeding Southwest Virginia: Hot meals Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays from 10am-1pm – take away only. Abingdon location.
DAV Chapter 39 Food Pantry: 630 Carden Hollow Rd., Bristol, TN – Open 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 6pm
House of Prayer Worship Center: Food pantry 3rd Thursday from 5pm-6:30pm, drive through only, requires photo ID and proof of income.
Bristol Emergency Food Pantry: Open daily from 1pm until 4pm on first-come, first serve basis.
Rockhold United Methodist Church 3rd Saturdays starting at 9:30am
First Trinity Pentecostal Church 3rd Saturdays starting at 9:00am
Little Free Pantries/Blessing Boxes
Covenant Fellowship Church “The Little Free Pantry” at the following locations:
2004 Lee Hwy, Bristol, VA.
103 Memorial Drive. Bristol Tn
2004 Lee Highway. Bristol Va
807 Park Street Bristol, Va
Highland View Elementary School
1405 Eads Avenue. Bristol, Va.
First Baptist Church “Blessings Box” located at 1 Virginia St., Bristol VA
Hiltons Missionary Baptist Church located at 135 Cul-de-sac Dr., Gate City, VA
Addilynn United Methodist Church, 3225 Avoca Rd, Bristol, TN (on the front, right side of the building)
Pet Food Donation Sites
Appalachian: Mission Pawsible Providing 2 weeks of pet food on a case-by-case basis for those impacted by COVID-19
Good Samaritan Ministries, Johnson City, TN (423) 928-0288. Please call before traveling.
Nurse Connect is the toll-free line that connects you with experienced nurses around the clock!
Call Nurse Connect at 833-8-BALLAD (833‑822-5523) when you need to ask a nurse for:
- Expert medical advice – anytime, day or night.
- A referral to a new primary care provider – with a location and hours convenient for you.
- A referral to a physician specialist – when you need advanced local medical care.
- Health information and resources – including health screenings and immunizations.
- An urgent care clinic – to see a doctor near you today.