With early voting for the 2021 Virginia statewide elections beginning in just over two weeks, now is the time to make sure your voter registration is up to date.
Here are some useful dates for our upcoming November 2, 2021, Virginia General Election:
- Offices on ballot: Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, House of Delegates — 5th District, and Constitutional Offices of the Commonwealth’s Attorney, Sheriff, Commissioner of Revenue and Treasurer
- Early voting for the November 2, 2021 General Election is September 17, 2021 through October 30, 2021 weekdays excluding Indigenous Peoples Day Holiday in the Office of Elections and Voter Registration located in City Hall. The office is open 8am to 5 pm weekdays and the two Saturdays preceding Election Day from 8am to 5pm.
- Deadline to register to vote, or update an existing registration: Tuesday, October 12, 2021.
- Deadline to apply for a ballot to be mailed to you: Friday, October 22, 2021. Requests must be received by local voter registration office by 5:00 p.m.
- Voter registration offices will be open on Saturday, October 23, 2021, and October 30, 2021, for early voting.
- Last day of in-person early voting at local voter registration office: Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
- See who is on your ballot by viewing the candidate lists.
- Register to vote or apply for a ballot online using the Citizen Portal.
- Need to register to vote or update your registration? Download and print out a Virginia Voter Registration Application or apply online via the citizen’s portal at elections.virginia.gov. You may also obtain an application at the Office of Elections and Voter Registration, the DMV, and other Virginia state agencies.
As a reminder: the deadline to register to vote is Tuesday, October 12.