The sample ballot (a document that shows you what the actual ballot looks like, including candidates and questions) for the upcoming November 3, 2020 election is available here:
The ballot for this election is DOUBLE-SIDED because we are voting for a president and vice president, a member of the senate, a member of the House of Representatives (9th District), two constitutional amendments, and a referendum.
If you’re registered to vote in Virginia, you can vote starting TODAY! You don’t have to have an excuse to vote early at City Hall or vote absentee by mail. More info on your voting options this year in Bristol, VA: https://www.bristolva.org/236/Casting-a-Ballot
Voting on Election Day
Virginia law requires all voters to provide an acceptable form of identification at the polls.
Acceptable forms of identification for voting at the polling place or voting early include the following:
- Voter confirmation documents you received after you registered to vote
- Virginia DMV-issued Driver’s License or Identification Card
- Valid United States Passport
- Any ID card issued by the US, Virginia, or a local Virginia government
- Any student ID card issued by a US university or community college
- Valid student ID issued by a public school or private school in Virginia
- Employer-issued photo ID card
- Any current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document with your name and address
- An ID Confirmation Statement
- For a more detailed list of acceptable IDs
Absentee & Early Voting:
Track Your Ballot
If you have applied for a absentee ballot for 2020 November General Election, please follow this link to track your ballot.
If you have questions about the status of your absentee ballot, please contact your General Registrar>>>.
Make sure you know your options by viewing the sample ballot, and don’t forget to vote both front and back on your ballot this election.