The Maintenance Department at BRHA is responsible for the day-to-day upkeep and physical operations of the Housing Authority’s properties. Our staff performs various tasks that range from picking up trash daily around the properties to preparing vacant units for new residents. BRHA provides 24-Hour maintenance services for its properties. This means we have someone on call every hour of each day and every day of the year.
We strive to provide the best possible affordable homes for our residents. Residents are encouraged to let the maintenance staff know when their home needs a repair to fix an issue. Residents are not charged for items that require repair due to normal use; residents will be charged for repairs resulting from misuse or abuse of BRHA property. The Dwelling Lease explains this in more detail.
Placing a Work Order
- If your home requires repairs, please Call 276-642-2006, or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Anytime a work order request is placed, it automatically authorizes entry into your apartment for making the requested repair.
- It is not necessary for you to be present. Should you wish to be present when the work is done, you must advise Maintenance of this at the time you place your initial work order.
- If you have a work order emergency, Call 276-642-2006. If your emergency is after hours, on weekends, or holidays, an answering service will receive your call and contact the On-call Maintenance Personnel. The Maintenance Personnel will respond as soon as possible.
- Do not call for emergency services after normal working hours unless a problem has developed which threatens the health or safety of your family or may cause damage to the apartment or other BRHA property. A list of potential emergencies includes but is not limited to:
- Broken door lock(s)
- No heat – please remember no heat is only emergency in cold weather
- No hot water
- Gas leak
- Water Leak (does not include minor faucet leaks)
- Overflowing commodes
- Inoperative refrigerators or stoves
- Inoperative smoke detectors
- Residents will be charged for any unnecessary calls after hours, on weekend and/or holidays.
In case of an emergency involving a fire, or accident / injury to persons,